What is a Voice Platform?
A voice platform facilitates the deployment of voice applications, enables the integration of call center software with telephony systems, and enables speech processing capabilities such as voice authentication.
Voice platforms are the basis for virtual assistants like Amazon's Alexa and Apple's Siri. These systems use a voice platform to allow users to perform hands-free tasks like setting reminders, playing a favorite playlist, or checking on the weather forecasts, all based on voice commands. When they're on the same voice platform, Alexa can also control home devices like lamps, thermostats, and other objects that are part of the "internet of things” (IOT).
In call centers, modern interactive voice response (IVR) systems are a good example of an application that relies on a voice platform, especially for certain functionality. Voice authentication, which grants permissions to a caller based on their unique voiceprint, is functionality that also runs on a voice platform. Additionally, speech recognition, which allows callers to speak menu choices or voice their issue, depends on a solid voice platform for performance.
How NICE inContact can help
NICE inContact is the market leader in providing customers the cloud contact center software they need to deliver consistently exceptional customer experiences. Benefits include:
- Best-in-class IVR that includes automated speech recognition
- Modern ACD providing digital first omnichannel routing and increased business agility
- Integrated and comprehensive workforce management solutions to engage and empower contact center agents to achieve business goals
- Automation and artificial intelligence (AI) capabilities to enhance the customer experience and automate routine agent tasks
- Omnichannel customer journey management
CXone provides an intelligent, unified suite of applications covering the breadth of contact center management disciplines, simplifying administration and streamlining the user experience.